Thursday, September 15, 2005

The generosity of parents

Part of my back to school night preparation was spent on creating a wish list for the classroom. I have always believed that parents will do whatever they can to help if you just tell them what you need. So this year I finally took the time to do it and the results have been shocking. I chose a variety of price ranges and to date there is only one item left on the list. The funniest one was the small CD boombox I wanted for PE. I really didn't think I'd get one but it was worth a shot. I walked past one of my parents this morning before school wished him a good morning and he didn't even look at me - not unusual for this guy. Then in less than 5 minutes he walked in my room, gave me the boombox complete with remote and extra batteries and then was gone again. I walked out to pick up my class. Another mom said she wanted to get the boombox for us. I had to laugh as I told her that Mr. G. had just given us one. She took the next to last item from the list - a subscription to Zoo books and said if LW's grandmother didn't come through with a carpet remnant she would buy a rug for the room. The idea of the wish list is to keep it going all year but I'm not sure what else I could ask for... Amazing!

No comments: