Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Funny thoughts

Today had its funny moments...

As I explained a math problem to my VI kid - each student put 2 blocks into the box; there are 19 students here today; how many blocks are in the box? After doing some thinking she came to me and said, Miss Allen, "How about I just say there are 20 kids instead?" Yeah, that would be easier to solve wouldn't it?

Then there was the girl who wants me to come and see her soccer games on Saturdays. She is frustrated because she keeps forgetting to bring me her schedule. So finally she said, "Does my mom have your cell phone number?" Ah this is the next generation...

And then finally this one. After giving my presentation at Back to School Night, one of the dads asked me where I got my degree. I don't know if he was trying to hit on me or just couldn't believe that I had one! His face completely changed when I asked him which one he wanted to know about. When the word masters came out of my mouth he had nothing more to say. Why is it that the dads ask all those weird questions?

No comments: