Monday, January 20, 2014

Sheer Joy

I have had moments in my life where I am just simply overcome with joy.  That's the only word I can come up with for it but it's more than that.  I am filled to overflowing with whatever is happening in the moment in time.  I feel an aura around me that is almost tangible, the feeling of being blessed in unexplainable ways.  I feel like I will explode and suddenly I am in tears - not crying tears - just tears that must be expelled.  It happened repeatedly immediately after Callie was born.  To see my baby mothering her own baby was just more than I was prepared to take in stride.  It happened over and over again to a point where I asked my friend, Paula,  when will I stop crying?  She assured me that it would pass and she was right, it did.  But this weekend it happened again.  Up until this point in my life I have mostly defined myself by what I do.  But this year, that seems to be changing.  Work is not fulfilling me but yet I am making money that is bringing me all kinds of other happiness.  I am traveling again.  I am going out to dinner with friends and not worrying about the cost before accepting.  That part of my life is about as good as it has ever been.  This weekend I flew to Anaheim to run the Tinker Bell Half Marathon and enjoy DisneyLand with my grandchildren.  I got there in time to see the Kids Race. The minute Callie saw me, she ran full bore with arms open wide and jumped in my arms shouting "Grandma!"  I was overcome with that unadulterated look of love on her face.  We went to the coffee shop and had a bit of a makeshift "picnic" snack.  She kept saying "This is the best picnic ever!"  By that point, the blessings were innumerable.  I was grateful for my job, my job that had a 3 day weekend, that Maria and Bill would invite me to be a part of it all, that I had the money to fly to Anaheim, , that I could be there to see the girls crossing the finish line, that I could eat with them and play with them.  I was once again over come with sheer joy.  I am blessed.

No comments: