Friday, July 01, 2011

I Have Been Hired

It is true. I have my first child set to come and play. The daughter of one of my favorite substitutes was looking for some temporary child care this summer because her child care provider was going on vacation. So we e-mailed, called and finally set a time to meet. A few hours before, those butterflies showed up again and I was reminded of how much I hate the interview process. Mom, Dad and baby came in, introductions were made and I set about showing off the house and yard. They were so amazed at everything I had going on. I haven't been in many child care homes so I'm not really sure what the norm is. I only know what makes Callie and me happy. We chatted easily and at the end I gave them the necessary forms and we made arrangements to make arrangements. I couldn't be happier and can't wait to get my arms around this cute little boy. 3 days a week for 4 weeks starting July 11th isn't a bad beginning considering my goal was set on August 8th. I still have a few little concerns in the back of my head about achieving my target of 4 full time kids but so far the money is holding out thanks to my tutoring. So here's to hanging out with the little ones. Let the fun begin.

No comments: