Monday, May 04, 2009

Public Transportation

I just have to say that I love public transportation. This morning we went on a field trip to Flint Center; it was the second time we have used VTA buses this year. The driving part of field trips has always put me over the edge. I love being there, I just hate the journey. I always worried about parent drivers and I must admit that I had a couple weird experiences in my early years where parents stopped and bought treats for their carload of kids; a few have gotten lost. It just is a lot of worry. When I got to Sutter and discovered the beauty of school buses my worries were over. I loved being on the bus where I could see every single kid. Yes, I know; I have control issues. I have used VTA a couple times over the years but VTA with primary and VTA with middle school is a whole different thing. One of my favorite parts is when you get on the bus with your 30+ kids and you watch every one's face sort of fall in disbelief from the bus driver all the way back to the person sitting in the very last seat. I kind of feel sorry for them losing their peaceful ride to school or work or home but on the other hand, it is good to spread our adolescent energy around. By the end of the ride, everyone is smiling.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ha ha! I love the look of the people on the bus also. But, I also love how the kids just sit down next to whomever and they don't really care. I also love how they listen better than ever when they think they might be abandoned on the VTA. I gotta concur with you on this one: public transportation is the best on field trips.