Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another List

Things I Love About My Car

First and foremost, it is red, my favorite color. I don't really remember how long I have wanted a red car but I know that it was pre-teaching the kids to drive. And that was a very long time ago. Somehow I was convinced that a driver in a red car would get more tickets. But in all fairness, that was also back in my "speeding" days. When I look at it sitting in my driveway, I still have to remind myself that it belongs to me.

I got everything I wanted. Translation: It has a sunroof.

It's smaller than an SUV and bigger than a Jetta. Goldilocks and I agree that this one is just right. It is still big enough to hold my camping stuff and I can load my bike in the trunk and the fold-down backseats.

I am driving back on the ground again. There is no step up just to get inside my car. While the view from there was good, it was a little unwieldy getting things in and out of the car in one motion. I'm all about efficiency.

The controls are in exactly the same place at the RAV4 so I don't have to learn anything new.

The auxiliary input makes it possible, not only to listen to my ipod but more importantly, I can take Pandora Radio with me everywhere.

It is easy to find in the parking lot. That red just seems to shout at me, "Here I am!"

It is the reminder that I am through moving. No big car will mean renting a truck the next time I get a hare-brained idea to change jobs or towns. That will definitely slow me down long enough to think things through.

I will be saving money. The gas mileage will be better and it is cheaper to insure.

Things I Don't Love About My Car

The Bluetooth doesn't seem to recognize my iphone. Oh well. I'm not a telephone person anyway.

The ash seats. I don't really eat in my car but that color is awfully light. Maybe it will blend better with Jacks fur than the black ones in the RAV4 did.

So, yes, I do love my car - more than I should love any inanimate object. But this is only Day 2. I'm sure in no time at all, I'll be taking her for granted. But for now. I'm a very happy car owner.

No comments: