Saturday, December 14, 2019

Things I'm Learning About Inverness

The leaves do change color but it happens in December.  This is a good fit for me as the light reduces, at least I have something to distract me.

The town is filled with lovers holding hands.  I don't know if these elderly are newlyweds or in it for the long haul but it warms my heart.  You will also see one holding the other one up which is also endearing.  But I prefer the hand holding.

While the general population is fairly red, there is a pocket of democrats who are happy to find one another. 

Some of the crime reports still make me chuckle (the guy arrested for beating on a stop sign) but there is real crime.  It is just on a smaller scale.

There is a gentle joy in being in a place where when you are out  walking, everyone, I mean everyone waves as they drive by.  Eye contact is a thing here.  The waves make up for the rarity of sidewalks.

Parades are big.  Veteran's Day, Christmas, Boats. 

I am finding my rhythm and feeling connections to this sense of place.  I often feel this glow of happiness and realize that I am just happy to be here.  Yes, I still miss my west coast people but there is a rooting that is taking place. 

No comments: