Wednesday, September 25, 2019

On This Day

On this day 43 years ago I married a man that I fully intended to spend the rest of my life with.  That didn't happen but I did find a friend for life.  With divorce came  a different awareness of this date and I began to dread it.  And then I met people who also married their best friend on September 25th.  I could then anticipate it with a lightness in my heart.  Now with the passing of my lifelong friend I can recall all the happiness that this day held for us 43 years ago.  I remember the joy, the good times, the babies that came and added to our family.  I remember the smiles, the laughter, the trips together, the journey.  That is all that this life is, a journey.  Along the way we are confronted with challenges and joys alike.  And hopefully in the end we can look back and say, "That was good."

No comments: