Monday, February 18, 2013

Renewing Hope in Humanity

Saturday I made my way to the San Tomas Creek Trail for a nice morning run. I donned my running clothes, water bottle, iPhone and ID and away I went. My ID and phone were in the same pocket so I was careful each time that I checked the mileage on my phone that my license was safe. I got home and got organized for the rest of my day but my license was no where to be found. I looked everywhere that I could think of over and over again with no luck. Finally I went back to the trail to search. But once again, no luck. Two thoughts ran simultaneously through my mind. Some bad guy will find it and steal my identity. Some good guy will find it and return it. I started facing facts and set up an appointment at the dreaded DMV. Then out of the blue, 36 hours after it was lost, a man knocked on the door, symbolizing all that is good in the world, holding my license in his hand and bearing the sweetest smile on his face. I could have kissed him! My faith in humankind was immediately reborn. People are inherently good and when given the opportunity will do the right thing.

No comments: