Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

So another one has come and gone. It was a little strange getting back into the mode of celebrating Halloween in the classroom but I think the day went pretty well. The kids were pretty mellow - or maybe it's just being in second grade. It is fun to watch the kids that really get into their character. The Cinderella that suddenly moves with such grace or the Darth Vader who appears several inches taller as his posture improves. Elementary kids are so cute! The funniest part of the day was watching their faces when I passed out their homework folders. A few of them absolutely could not believe that they had homework on Halloween. But when I made a comment about how mean the second grade teachers were they said No, Miss Allen, you're a second grade teacher and you're not mean. So they can be disappointed in getting homework from me but unable to blame me personally! Funny.

No comments: